Deadline to Apply: March 16, 2019
Kudzu Playhouse welcomes and encourages young thespians to assist with our summer camp programs as volunteer counselors. Positions are limited, and applicants will be considered based on experience, availability, and timeliness of submission. You must submit an application, all required reference(s), and attend an in-person interview to be considered for a counselor position.
- To be a volunteer counselor, you must:
- Be at least 12 and no more than 18 years old by the time you counsel.
- Mark ALL camps you are interested in (and available for) counseling.
- Complete the application form and submit all required references by March 16th.
- Prospective counselors ages 12-14 must only submit one reference. Other applicants ages 15-18 must submit two references. References must be an adult 21 years or older and not the applicant’s parent/guardian. Submit references here.
- Attend the in-person interview with our program directors on March 23rd.
- Wait to receive a notification from Kudzu that you’ve been accepted as a counselor.
- Be available to attend a two-day training camp the week of June 2nd-8th (specific dates TBA.)
Summer camp counselor spots are typically in high demand. We appreciate everyone who would like to participate and gain more experience in theatre, but please understand that we are not able to accept everyone who applies. We make every effort to give as many people as are interested the opportunity to be a counselor.
Counselors accepted into this year’s summer program will be notified and given information regarding assigned camp(s).
If you have any questions, please Contact Us.