The application period for 2020 scholarships is now open.
Deadline: Applications for 2020 scholarships are due April 10, 2020
Eligibility: Graduating high school seniors, current and rising college freshmen and sophomores (less than 50 semester hours at time of application).
Two scholarships are currently available. Students may apply for both, but are only eligible to win one award per year. The two available scholarships are:
- The Jim Anderson Legacy Scholarship – dedicated in honor of a longtime supporter of the arts in DeSoto County, and specifically Kudzu Playhouse. The award recognizes a student who understands the importance of strengthening the arts programs in our community and/or schools and has actively demonstrated a commitment to supporting and enriching these programs.
- The Kudzu Playhouse Heritage Scholarship – recognizes a student whose participation in the arts has affected significant personal growth in areas such as performance skills, technical skills, public speaking, self-confidence / esteem, or an appreciation of literature and the performing arts.
- Concorde Career College – Kudzu Playhouse Scholarship$2500 for individuals seeking a career in HealthcareAvailable at their Southaven CampusContact Concorde directly at (800) 249-7082 or visit concorde.edu for details. Be sure to mention the Kudzu Playhouse ScholarshipKudzu Playhouse is pleased to partner with Concorde Career College to promote education and learning and we are humbled that they have extended this scholarship in our name. Kudzu Playhouse promotes learning in everything we do and we appreciate every opportunity to share that commitment in our community. We are also honored to have Concorde Career College as a partner in presenting quality theatrical education and performances throughout DeSoto County.
- Complete application(s) via the links above on or before the deadline date. Late or incomplete applications cannot be considered.
- Have ready the following (refer to application for details):
- Letter of Recommendation
Criteria for Selection:
- Primary criterion is involvement in Kudzu/Kidzu Playhouse productions, fundraising, and promotion.
- Narratives are primarily assessed based on content, although grammar, spelling and format are considered.