The application period for 2018 scholarships is now open.
Deadline: Applications for 2018 scholarships are due April 1, 2018.
Eligibility: Graduating high school seniors, current and rising college freshmen and sophomores (less than 50 semester hours at time of application).
Two scholarships are currently available. Students may apply for both, but are only eligible to win one award per year. The two available scholarships are:
- The Jim Anderson Legacy Scholarship – dedicated in honor of a longtime supporter of the arts in DeSoto County, and specifically Kudzu Playhouse. The award recognizes a student who understands the importance of strengthening the arts programs in our community and/or schools and has actively demonstrated a commitment to supporting and enriching these programs.
- The Kudzu Playhouse Heritage Scholarship – recognizes a student whose participation in the arts has affected significant personal growth in areas such as performance skills, technical skills, public speaking, self-confidence / esteem, or an appreciation of literature and the performing arts.
- Complete application(s) via the links above on or before the deadline date. Late or incomplete applications cannot be considered.
- Have ready the following (refer to application for details):
- Head shot or photo
- Letter of Recommendation
Criteria for Selection:
- Primary criterion is involvement in Kudzu/Kidzu Playhouse productions, fundraising, and promotion.
- Narratives are primarily assessed based on content, although grammar, spelling and format are considered.
Previous Year Scholarship Winner Announcements
- 2018 Kudzu Playhouse Scholarship Winners
- Congratulations to Collyn Taylor
- Congratulations to Jacob Vogelsang & Sophi Cassino
- Congratulations to Lexie Lang and Erica Peninger
- Congratulations to Payden Taylor and Olivia Zeringue
- Congratulations to Hannah Hindman
- Thomas Simpson and Will Brown awarded 2012 Kudzu Playhouse Scholarships